Portfolio - Sites Built with Plone and Django
Core Software Group has built and supports dozens of web sites, with most built on top of the Python-based tools of either Plone (open source content management system) or the Django framework. Examples of our work can seen below.
Below you will find a wide variety of plone sites built by Core Software Group. Please contact us for information about Plone CMS consulting and Plone hosting services.
www.eldercarenet.org - Through in-kind development, and as a long time web committee member, Core Software Group launched a brand new, responsive web site for Eldercare Network of Northern Colorado. The site uses Plone 4, and takes advantage of Bootstrap and Diazo (plone.app.theming) for the theme.
Tapiki - In partnership with Mark Seaman of Shrinking World Solutions, we built a custom back-end CMS, using Django, to support two different mobile apps. The databases provides content owners the abitlity to manage the data displayed in the app. The app communicates with the CMS via a REST API, and integrates with the stripe.com API.
Harkins Eye Clinic - Core Software Group launched a brand new website for ophthalmologist, Dr. Lori Harkins. The site provides content management capabilities through the use of Plone 4.2 and the design is built using the excellent Diazo XSLT theming product. Graphic design by Shanley Graphics.
Clay County, Florida - Core Software Group was hired to help Clay County finish, deploy and host their new Plone 4.2 website. We worked with them to clean up the CSS, create a slideshow viewlet, with the jquery cycle plugin, and create a custom new collection. This site uses ContentWellPortlets for defining content areas on the site.
R&A Enterprises -- Electrical Contractors - The R&A Enterprises website was built with design help from Jake Van Newkirk. This Plone site is clean and simple and adds support for navigation drop down menus and uses PloneFormGen. R&A Enterprises is an electrical contractor based in Glenwood Springs, CO and serves the entire Roaring Fork Valley, including Aspen, Snowmass, and Basalt.
The Justice Management Institute - In partnership with Kaivo Software, and design by JamArtz, we built this site using Plone 4. This is another great example of Plone working for small non-profit's to market their organization's services.
The Top Shop - Kansas City - Core Software Group worked with the designer Leila Singleton to build a Plone 3 site for the custom countertop contractor, The Top Shop, based in Shawnee, KS and serving the entire Kansas City metro area. This site is a great example of how Plone works great to build a small website to help customers market their company's products and services.
Foundation on Aging for Larimer County - In partnership with Gene Hodge (http://www.linkedin.com/in/genehodge) (HGH Enterprises, LLC) and Design by Price, we built a site for this local non-profit organization which helps determine the needs for aging seniors in the county. The site is powered by Plone 3.2, Quills, Ploneboard, custom content types, and a custom theme.
Home Instead Senior Care/Northern Colorado Blog - In partnership with Impel Care Systems, this new blog site was created for Home Instead Senior Care in Fort Collins, Colorado. Home instead is a home care provider for seniors in the Larimer, Weld, Morgan Counties area. Services include companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, shopping, errands, Alzheimer's care and more. The site is powered by Plone 3.2, Quills, and a custom theme.
www.mec-math.org - Core Software Group was hired to help develop a new theme for Mathematics Education Collaborative (MEC). The new theme was created to be wider, and provide more space for images and descriptive text.
www.historic-hotels.com - Working with Resort Trends in Glenwood Springs, CO, and Bobbie Van Meter Design, we built a Plone 3 site that features historic hotels in the Rocky Mountain region.
www.homehelperscolorado.com - On contract with HGH Enterprises, we built this site to help this local home caregiver company provide a marketing website as well as an intranet for their employees.
xchange.broadsoft.com - Core Software Group was hired to provide: a custom Plone theme, single sign on support for Drupal, and Plone support. We created a theme based on the Drupal Pixture theme.
ohiolegalservices.org - Through a contract with Kaivo Software, Core Software Group built out a feature-rich state wide website for the legal services organization in Ohio. The single Plone site has 6 subsites, each with it's own theme, built from designs by Huber+Co. The site has over 50 custom content types and hundreds of custom page templates. It also features a complex set of roles, permissions allowing varying roles to have different access to each subsite.
www.eol.ucar.edu - During the fall and winter of 2007, we helped the Earth Observing Laboratory re-implement their website using Plone. The new site serves as both their internet as well as intranet, and included custom workflows, many custom archetypes, and a new theme. In the spring of 2008, we assisted EOL in setting up a 6 cluster ZEO configuration with load balancing done with Apache 2.2.
www.naglewarrenmansion.com - Working with Kelly Rizley Advertizing, we built a custom theme and site for this Cheyenne, WY bed and breakfast.
www.ramsbookstore.com - We developed and launched a new website for The Rams Book Store in Fort Collins, Colorado. The site has a reservation system for students to reserve their textbooks in advance of each school semester.
www.electionscience.org - Now defunct, this major plone site was built for monitoring the 2004 election process, lots of specialized data (site admins can maintain publications, while site visitors can participate in forums and comment on various content), custom look and feel, site wide search, zeo clusters
www.altiuspar.com - Plone site developed and hosted by us, custom look and feel, has content management setup, for the customer, in only a few select parts of the site (press releases, what's new, and jobs)
Our consultants have built a variety of other systems for our customers:
- We are helping to develop a whole new intranet based support system for the staff of a Fort Collins employment screening company. This site very tightly integrates Plone with multiple MySQL databases using MySQLStorage and other custom development.
- Long Term Care Portal - Zope CMF private site used by long term care facilities to document resident care and communicate to families, staff and families each have secure login and personalized portals, lots of specialized data, custom look and feel, very heavy use of workflow to determine appropriate permissions, dynamically generated PDF reports, zeo client and server
- We launched a new Plone site for the Denver Chapter of the ISPI. Their site is: ISPI-FRC. The site was built to help the local chapter manage all the facets of the organization, including meetings, special events, membership management, mailing lists, and forums. It is tied to PayPal for handling payment processing for event registration and member accounts.
- We recently provided consulting services and web development services for a large Kansas City advertising agency.
- We developed and launched a new website for Election Science Institute (previously Votewatch), a San Francisco based nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to gather volunteers to help monitor the upcoming election (as well as future elections) for anomalies. This is a Plone site and provides content management capabilities for maintaining pages in the site as well as member contributed content.
- We currently support and develop a project that supports a group based, collaborative community site for a Fort Collins company. The site is being built using Plone and also provides content management capabilities for administrators and members.
- We are also currently working on an exciting project that ties a Zope website to a Hot Docs Online Server via a SOAP interface (using ZSI) written in Python.
- We provided a consultant to aid in building an intranet/content management system for a major Colorado corporation, based in Broomfield, using Zope/CMF/Plone.
- We helped a Boulder company in building a major multimedia storage and retrieval system used by various client applications to send, receive and view multimedia messages and presentations. This system was built using Tomcat, Java, Cocoon2, XSLT, Oracle, and SOAP. Clients were web based and Windows based.
- We built multiple websites with Zope, MySQL, and PostgreSQL for companies in Denver and San Francisco.
- We used Remedy's Action Request system to build complete sets of tools for Help Desks at three large corporations. Tools included multiple user interfaces for Help Desk operators, and server tools used for management reporting.
- We built on online community site using openACS, which was the open source version of Philip Greenspun's ACS written in TCL and Postgres (which is now owned by RedHat).
- We built simple databases for companies with only a web presence so that they could maintain a list of customers who purchased their product.
- We wrote and maintain the classified ad engine for the free bicycling ad site, clubvelo.com.
- We re-wrote clubvelo's classified ad engine using PHP/MySQL for a brand new, soon to be released site for motorcycle classified ads, gizmoto.com.