Aug 26, 2009
I've been on a constant quest to find a simple way to add lightbox support to a Plone 3 site. Thanks to Products.pipbox, it is easy.
On the old Core Software Group site, I downloaded thickbox and manually added the css and js files to the portal_css and portal_js registries. It worked, but was kind of kludgy.
Thanks to Steve McMahon's Products.pipbox, it's clean and easy, and gives you a massive amount of flexibility and control. Here's all I did:
- Added Products.pipbox to my eggs section of my buildout.cfg, then ran bin/buildout
- Installed pipbox via quickinstaller
- pipbox adds a property sheet to portal_properties, which for now, you have to edit via the ZMI
- I added the following to /portal_properties/pipbox_properties -> selector specs:
- Figure out how to control the position of the popup box.
- Figure out how to take advantage of AJAX form support in pipbox.
- Figure out how to implement AJAX tabs using pipbox.